KETO CANDY FOR HALLOWEEN
With a blink of an eye, we have gone from Summer to Halloween, and before we know it, Thanksgiving and Christmas will be in clean sight! With that comes a slippery slope of indulging in holiday fare for three months straight! This season I’m sharing an easy way to make your Halloween indulging slightly sweeter, without the calories. The “Ketogenic” diet is a low-carb diet where you receive more calories from protein and fat, and less from carbohydrates such as soda, sugar, bread, etc. The Keto diet forces you to make the right substitutions in your diet, without loss of flavor! Today I’m sharing how you can make key candy for Halloween and still enjoy all the guiltiness of Halloween!
This Halloween I’m taking a different approach to my candy eating habits and making the right substitutions with Keto inspired changes. Try making your Halloween candy at home with this keto inspired treat. If you are a Butterfinger lover, below is a guilt-free candy recipe that you’re not going to share with your trick-or-treaters – the perfect keto candy for halloween!
s h o p t h e p o s t
1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
4 tbsp heavy cream
4 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp almond extract
2/3 cup Golden Monk Fruit (sugar substitute)
¼ cup unsalted butter softened
2 tbsp cream cheese
¼ cup almond butter
3 tbsp powdered erythritol (powdered sugar substitute)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- In a small bowl combine the golden monk fruit, 2 tbsp of coconut oil and almond extract. Spread the mixture out onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 7-10 minutes until the product is glassy (similar to baking sugar). Place immediately in the freezer to cool and harden (30+ minutes)
- On a low speed, mix the cream cheese, butter, powdered erythritol until smooth. Add the peanut butter, 2 tbsp of coconut oil – mix again.
- Remove the product from the freezer and crumble in to quarter sized pieces and fold the crunchy bits into the peanut butter mixture. This is what gives the bars that “Butterfinger” crunch.
- Spread in a parchment lined baking dish and spread evenly – a bread pan works well too!
- In a small bowl, place the chocolate chips and heavy cream, and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Pour and evenly spread melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour and enjoy!
s h o p t h e p o s t