There is nothing better than a refreshing cocktail on a hot summer day, but let’s be honest, we can all be a littttttle picky about our cocktails. Something too sweet can cause a sugar-ache, and something to spicy can send you to Walgreens for some Tums. It’s all about finding that happy balance between the two. Well, I’ve got the solution to all your problems. Over the weekend I went to La Sirena in the West Loop neighborhood. They had some of the tastiest treats, all of which were simple to replicate for personal pleasure or hosting! I present to you today – the ultimate summer cocktail! Check out some of these other cocktail recipes from two of my favorite bloggers – Golden Girl Blog – Corals and Cognacs.
1. One (1) lime
2. One (1) cucumber – freeze for 30 minutes prior to cocktail making
4. Sea salt
5. Cracked pepper
6. Simple Syrup
Only a few steps closer to the cocktail of your dreams…
1. Put ice in a glass of your preference – mine is always a mason jar. Pour the tequila, to your liking, in the glass
2. One shot, or 1 oz., of simple syrup
3. Muddle the lime and save all the parts. Add the juice to the drinking glass. Save one half of the lime for garnish!
4. Remove the cucumber from the freezer. Slice one 1/2 inch slice. Cut the slice into quarter pieces – like a pie!
5. Add a few dashes of sea salt
6. Stir all the contents to make sure they are blended
7. Add the cucumber quarters and lime to the cocktail for garnish
8. Top the cocktail off with a few dashes of cracked pepper and, my favorite, a decorative straw
9. Enjoy, duh!